Friday, August 6, 2010

Psychosis

This week has been full of doctor visits. Two trips to the psychologist for Bacon, one to the sleep study clinic and one trip to Urgent Care for Mr. T. It has made me tired, and sick.

It started on Sunday when Mr. T woke up so swollen that we thought we would have to cut off his wedding ring. Fortunately, with some cold water and butter it came off only scraping the first three layers of skin off his finger. He still appeared to have hands that looked like Mikey Mouse's gloves. He decided that he should go to the doctor. (The man never goes to the doctor, so I knew it was serious.) It was decided by the doctor that he had some sort of allergic reaction to something he touched, and was given benadryl, and some other anti itch stuff. He also FINALLY asked about his 1200 year old cough, and got an asthma diagnosis. With an inhaler he has not coughed once this week, for the first time in 1200 years!

The first trip to the psychologist was just for Mr. T and I to consult with him. Bacon went yesterday for the first time. I assumed that he would observe and talk to him, but of course you know what happens when you ass-u-me....Instead he told Bacon that we could go to the toy store a few blocks over once he answered a couple of questions for him.

Bacon took forever to decide to answer the questions.

He paced the hall, rolled on the floor, shoved his hand down my shirt and grabbed my boob, said he had a headache, and went to the restroom 4 times.

Finally when the doctor said time was up and we wouldn't be able to go, he answered the questions. We got to go to the toy store.

Mr. T and I got a LOT of homework.

The sleep study consult went well, he will go in and be hooked up to monitors on the 12th. And they will more than likely decide that his tonsils need to come out. I just hope we can get it all done and over before school starts. He is thrilled to have the sleep study done because he saw it on the show HOUSE and HOUSE is really cool.

Now, today, I will be headed to the doctor because the cold that Bacon brought home from school has moved into my chest and between the coughing and burning I have been keeping myself awake at night. More than likely bronchitis...which is so much fun to have in the middle of summer, but thankfully a little antibiotic treatment and I should be better in time for the next round of trips to the doctors.

3 comments:

Crazy Sister said...

Yuck, what a load of crap is happening to you!

Remember you sent me a mouse once? I just blogged about it.

Givinya De Elba said...

Man you sound busy. Are you holding up okay? Love to hear from you as always, Mrs Tantrum.

Mrs. Tantrum said...

I am okay. Tired as all get out, but I think that Mother's are always tired! The sleep study has been moved up to TOMORROW the 8th, so that is one more thing I can cross of the list to do before I high tail it out of town for girls weekend! I love you guys and wish that you were closer than a 42 day trip by kayak...although about now 42 days alone in a kayak sound pretty LOVELY!