Saturday, May 23, 2009

SUN!

Hey there...I am not dead! I have survived my second full week of the Gluten Free and Dairy Free diet, and am completely feeling like a MILLION DOLLARS! I have even been able to stop taking the migraine preventative with no side effects! 

It isn't easy to stick too - especially at work where we are in cubicles and you can smell what someone on the other end of the building brought for lunch - but the more that I keep to it and try new things, the more I realize I should have done this years ago. 

The sun has been shining here and the temperatures have been in the upper 70's. Which is not only unseasonal, but a delightful surprise. It is all kinds of amazing to sit out in the sun with your friends while the kids play on the slip and slide shouting and yelling and having a great time with being kids. 

The move will happen soon. I am very excited to move onto the next phase, and so is Mr. Tantrum. He has calmed down, and so has everyone else, and we are actually friends...like before we were dating or married and would like to keep it that way for Bacon's sake. I think the separation of households will help all of us get into our new rolls and routine more quickly. 

I will write more frequently. I have been really bad about it with all the changes going on...like anyone wants to come and read about boring things. I mean the only real reason you started coming was to read about diarrhea, and coffee...and I don't intend to disappoint. 

I am so grateful for all of your support, and adore you all more than you know. Enjoy the sun, and wherever you are live your life the way you want to. Someone very wise recently told me, "Don't be afraid your life will end. Be afraid it hasn't truly begun."

5 comments:

musingwoman said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up!

Givinya De Elba said...

Sounds like the diet is helping, and that's great! I was so relieved to hear that Mr Tantrum and the other people around you have calmed down - I know they love the whole Tantrum family, and if they're calmer, that means they see good times ahead for one and all. Love to you all.

Givinya De Elba said...

PS I miss Nana Tantrum - where has she been? A holiday from blogland, or just not commenting as much?

Crazy Sister said...

You know how I want to live my life? With really long, straight hair. I like it. But I feel the pressure to shorten and style it to look like everyone else sometimes. What if people think I've escaped from a polygamous cult or something?

Ah, stuff 'em. I have the right to wear my hair weird. I'm the one who has to brush it...

Ann(ie) said...

This weather is making me downright giddy. And I've been 100% pissy lately so it's a good thing! Can't wait to see you and WM next weekend. YAAAAAAAAAYEEEE!