Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chugga-Chugga-Craaazyy

Tonight I am in the car with Mr. T and Bacon for a 3 hour tour to Portland for a ride on the "Holiday Express" tomorrow. This is an annual event for us, and despite the fact that the train is REALLY OLD, smells like ancient Egyptian library books, has no toilet, goes about 4 miles an hour, has no heat, is filled with screaming maniacal children it is really a great time. 

The car ride is equally posed to be as much fun. 

Mr. T will listen to his crappy 80's hair band heavy metal. Bacon will plug into his movie head seat and scream at us 500 questions because when you have head phones on no one else can hear you at normal volumes. I will look out for things like ATV'S on the top of Honda Civics, and other strange things to blog. Although with no flood this year, I am pretty certain that all the "entertaining" stuff is stuck on those back roads and detours, and a 7 hour one way trip is NOT in the plan for us. (IF IT IS SOMEONE PLEASE JUST COME AND SLIT MY DAMN WRISTS FOR ME.) 

I will let you know what happens. Hopefully my Father In Law won't kill all my gnomes or burn down the house this time...I'm pretty sure though after he killed Gerome the Gnome he'll be pretty careful with my little guys from now on!

4 comments:

Feener said...

hahahaha, your description of the express is truly entertaining.

Givinya De Elba said...

Gerome the Gnome! Ha ha! I'm nearly tempted to get myself a gnome just so I can call it Gerome.

followthatdog said...

That sounds like a holiday tradition to pass on for generations to come, if only to make them pay for what they did to you when they were little.

Crazy Sister said...

What the heck is the story with Gerome the Gnome?

I heard a woman yelling at a kid called Germaine (or Jermaine?) the other day. She kept calling him "Germy". Poor kid.