Also, my mom was able to make from scratch meals every night with two children and work full time, so I too should be able to do this. Especially since I can cook, and I have a crock pot!
So, here is the menu:
- Rolled Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Green Beans
- French Dips (using left over meat from roast), french fries, salad (2)
- Shepard's Pie (I am using Alton Brown's recipe from the www.foodtv.com) using the leftover mashed potatoes, salad
- Homemade minestrone soup, ciabatta rolls
- Spaghetti pie, salad, french bread (This is always good for 2 meals and lunch!)
- Velveeta Casserole Challenge Meal! Melanie's Meat Lover's Pizza Casserole, green salad, and garlic bread. (This is probably going to be good for a couple of dinners too!)
- Teryaki Chicken, steamed rice, steamed veggies
- Grilled Mahi Mahi, salad, leftover rice
So there are about 12 meals. I am starting tonight with the roast, mashers and I even made a Pumpkin Pie with all of those veggies that I pureed last year. I still can't make a crust to save my life, so I used one of the Marie Calender's ones that you can get in the freezer section they are awesome, and great to keep on hand. Especially if you ever have someone come over and say something like "MAKE A PIE OR I WILL KILL YOU!" You can whip up a pie in no time that is FABULOUS and you will not die.
Unless it is Martha, and then hopefully before she shoots you she'll at least show you how to make a crust in the food processor. I have tried 10,000 times and still it comes out like glue. I think she would just have to shoot me. If she does put on my tombstone "She Failed at making Pie Crust So Martha Shot Her." Everyone will think I was killed in some wild west shoot out kind of thing!