Sunday, February 10, 2008

Oprah

Things often perplex me, not because I am a moron or anything. But because DAMN IT this is a freaking crazy world and things are confusing. Like Oprah...and the power that she has, not like it is an evil power or anything, but an AMAZING power.

This one woman who has come from nothing to become THE WOMAN that everyone talks about, and listens to. That is pretty damn amazing to me. I can't tell you the number of times I have conversations with friends or family and someone will say, "Did you see that Oprah?" or "Oprah had this guy on that said...."

And I covet the things that Oprah loves. The $100 tee shirts, and the silk sheets, and all of her other "good things" - come on hers are way better than Martha's ANY DAY - but covet is all I can do, because lets face it, unless you are filthy rich you can't afford those things.

I am inspired by her campaign to live your best life. That has struck me for sometime now. I am just not sure where to start, so I guess just a little at a time is the best way to go....because finding yourself is a long journey.

And while I may not watch her show everyday - she competes with Tom & Jerry for goodness sake - those that I catch are good ones. And while I don't agree with her political choices, she still amazes me with drive she has, and the awe that she creates in women. And it is about time that we had a woman that created that and more for women to talk about.

No comments: