Monday, February 25, 2008

Just when you think the worst has passed, you get covered in someone else's vomit

I am not good at vomit. I am good at vomiting. But I do not fare thee well when it comes to other people's vomit. That is why when Toddler had the Rotovirus last fall I was THRILLED that he nailed hubby with the puke every time. And Hubby is great about helping clean that up, because he would rather clean it up once than twice.

Then yesterday happened. Toddler had that horrible ass juice and runny poo, but I (being a moron - or something like that) attributed it to the suppository from the night before. We ran a couple of errands and came home then he said he was tired - which was a godsend because my head was killing me - so we laid down in my bed and fell asleep.

We slept for 45 minutes when I was awoken by the splatter of warm stinky vomit on my face. (He has no warning sign other than blue lips and shaking, so if you are asleep you are screwed.) He sobbed because he was COVERED in it...and it stunk and the bed was covered and I couldn't get him in the bathroom fast enough.

Once he was in the shower I stripped the bed, and got all the bedding - except the comforter - in the washer and set to go when he got out. I got him scrubbed down and dressed, and down on the sofa with some Sprite to rest. I swear I still smell like puke today. I think the house smells like puke, but Hubby assures me it doesn't.

Today he is still iffy. He has some diarrhea, and is laying quietly on the couch. I don't know if I will be able to send him back to school tomorrow or not. But I am sneaking Probiotics into his food, and limiting him to the BRAT diet much to his protesting and head banging on the floor. We will see what the day brings.

Let's just hope that I don't have to get all hammered to get the smell of puke out of my nose.

No comments: