Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I Hate Asperger's

Today has been the most trying day with Toddler's Asperger's that I can recall. We made a trip to the pediatrician - because we still have a 3 month wait to see THE DOCTOR we want to see, and a 5 month wait to see the neurologist we were referred to - to see why we aren't pooping in the toilet, why we sleep like we take street drugs, and why we are so damn combative all the time.

None of his answers were what I wanted to hear.

Apparently Asperger's makes you not sleep....or get by on very little. You are also not cued into any of the socially acceptable behaviors, so you have no problem being combative over whether or not you are being served McDonald's BBQ sauce or something less quality. And for whatever reason you don't like women - which probably is why that whole refrigerator mother bullshit was so prominent for so long - and feel fine being an ass to them.

All of this has me drinking a glass of wine at 3 in the afternoon.

I might just be as bad as Amy Winehouse. (But with a cute pixie haircut)

Or maybe I need a vacation.

Or maybe I should go to work, find a full time program for Toddler and do nothing but work in the public sector so that he can get the intense therapy that he needs for more that 4 hours a day, 4 days a week.

I don't have the answer. But I do know that the doctor suggested melatonin...so there will be shots all around for everyone!! That is all I do know.

No comments: